Download extension activities here
Extension activities that will deepen students’ understanding of life in the friends’ country and of the similarities and differences between their lives and that of the friend. Find and download more writing pages, arts & crafts, math, experience and food projects to add to your One Globe Kids unit. Most activities can be done in large groups, small groups or individually, for maximum flexibility. No matter how you use them, you are broadening horizons!
All about me
Download this fun poster and let students share more about their own story.
Each friend likes to learn about you too! Answer their questions in writing.
Use these questions to talk about each story. They are designed to help students recall key details and to share about what they have seen, read and heard.
Fun cultural activities, like arts & crafts or music, to help children feel as close as possible to their new One Globe Kids friends.
Activities from the stories to try with the class. Great to teach students perspective taking and how to adapt their thinking to new situations and context.
Math activities, linked to the stories, offering more conversation opportunities for students.
Dig deeper into a global theme by discussing how things work similar or different around the world. Each theme contains a series of photos from the story with accompanying questions to show on a screen/smart-board. For teachers there is additional background information to help answers questions.
– Food: nutrition and how where we live can influence what we eat/drink.
– Market: the market in Burundi and other places we shop.
– Play: the where and how of play around the world.
– Traditions: national holidays/festivities and how we all celebrate.
– Royalty: heads of states/nations and the role they play.
– Safety: what you can do to feel and be safe.
– Cities: city life and how it impacts the way you live.
– Education: learning and how that can be done in multiple ways.
– Arts & crafts: making things and sharing through art around the globe.
– Transport: how we go places and the different means of transportation.
– Water: the value of water and how using it impacts daily life.
– Electricity: how kids around the world have access to electricity.
Cook, taste and eat like your friends do in their stories. Some activities need a kitchen, others can be done anywhere. Enjoy!